Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Friday, February 6, 2009

On our way

We anchored at 9:30 p.m. near Alligator Creek. We were warm and cozy sleeping, although there were freeze warnings out for as far south as Fort Myers (I don't know if it ever got that cold on our trip from up north). Wayne knew the only way he was going to get me up at 6:00 was to crank up the furnace. We're counting on more natural heat in the Exumas (southern Bahamas).

Right now it's noon and we're south of Sanibel.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited, here we go again. It is like a sequel to a good movie. Can't wait to see pictures again. I will droll looking at those pictures as I sit home with many feet of snow outside my window. Ahh something to finally warm me up.....Happy Travels Friends....I will stay tuned. Roberta, (PS thanks for inviting me on this virtual journey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad to see you on your way to the Exumas. You will love the them just as we did a couple years ago. We will follow your blog to learn of your adventures.
    Bill & Jan R from the Mariners of PGI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your enthusiasm and encouragement, Roberta. Bill and Jan, we appreciate your encouragement, but we especially appreciate you sharing your wisdom and experience with us.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.