Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

2/6/09 - Provisioning

Our delayed departure on Thursday was a blessing because I don't think we could have been ready to leave any earlier than we did. Oh, we would have rushed and left anyway, but I wouldn't have felt good about it. We were able to get things well organized and really took the time to make sure we weren't forgetting anything.

I have so much food! But provisions are more expensive in the Bahamas and besides, I don't want to spend time grocery shopping except to pick up an item or two here or there. We have powdered milk and I will bake bread and make yogurt. The frig is well-stocked, my freezer is packed to the brim, and I have canned goods galore. Oh, and dozens of grapefruit, oranges, and lemons. We have one tree of each and I went on a fruit-picking rampage before we left. These two sailors will NOT get scurvy, no siree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.