Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

I get to see my Mom!

Digging for clams


Today we'll be docking in Charleston, where we have a busy weekend planned. Mom and her friend, Mary, are coming to Charleston today and will be staying with us until Tuesday; we plan to do some sightseeing. Gary will join us on Sunday and stay to accompany us on the next leg of our journey.

Today is notable for another reason: three months ago, on July 27, we left the dock in Bayfield, Wisconsin. Wow. Sometimes I can hardly believe we've actually done this and made it so far.

Yesterday I packed up our down, fleece, and woolens to send back with Mom. We're on the home stretch and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.