Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Gotta 'fess up


It never occurred to me for a second that this would happen, but there’s something on the blog that at least three people have misunderstood and has me all but rolling on the floor laughing. The section on the right, "Read what the critics are saying about the Lena Bea blog?" Well, "the critics" are...is...me! That’s why they are all signed "anonymous." I guess I have to take it as a compliment, though, because I wouldn’t have fooled anyone if it were too far from the truth...RIGHT? But really - "The most compelling boating adventure since Gilligan's Island?" Have these people ever seen Gilligan's Island?

You’ve probably figured out my sense of humor by now and are no longer fooled, if you ever were. Thanks for the belly laughs (you know who you are); I guess the joke was on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.