Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Friday, September 14, 2007

This and that



Another beautiful day in paradise: clear and calm with temps in the 70s.

We left Halifax this morning and are on our way to, according to our cruise guide, one of the most scenic anchorages in Nova Scotia - Port Mouton. I don't know if we can take any more "scenic;" Nova Scotia has been a succession of idyllic picture postcards.

I've been told we have a few new people checking the blog lately - if you are one of them, I would like to welcome you and thank you for joining us. I have a few hints to help you enjoy the experience more:
First of all, if you click on the 2007 section on the right hand column under "archives," you'll be able to scroll through the whole blog without clicking on a different page each time you get to the end of one.
At the bottom of the page is a Google interactive map that shows all the places we have anchored, moored, or docked. You can zoom in really close - sometimes so close you can actually see details (the marinas and buildings, etc. - of course, you won't see our boat there). This is a fun feature since it provides a visual of where we are. I recommend that you click on "view larger map" in blue on the bottom.

Also, I often post messages several days to a week before I get around to posting photos and providing hyperlinks, so it pays to check back to previous posts. Sometimes I even add text to the posts or edit them later if my writing is incoherent (late at night or when I'm rushed, which is usually the case). If you left-click on the photos, you can view them larger in a new window.

Finally, if you'd like to leave us a message, you can do so by clicking the "comment" area at the bottom of any post. If you want to read my response, you need to check back to the same comment area that you made your comment from. We welcome and respond to all comments (at least I hope I haven't missed any), although sometimes I email a response to people whose email addresses I have.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley & Wayne!

    I'm really enjoying your blog! Happy belated anniversary! Nova Scotia sounds beautiful!! I'm so happy that Michael was able to share in part of your wonderful journey! I hope the 2nd half of your adventure is as awesome as the 1st half was! Sorry to hear about your fall, Shelley! Take care & safe sailing! Love, Jodi

    ReplyDelete

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.