Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Monday, August 13, 2007

A leisurely evening at home


It's 5:30 and we're anchored off Grenadier Island on the north end of the Thousand Islands in the St. Lawrence Seaway, about 130 nautical miles from Montreal; we should arrive on Thursday, depending on the locks. Yes, we have more locks to do - seven between here and Montreal. I can hardly wait.

We heard a little while ago that Claus and Rachael are in Montreal, so maybe we'll catch up with them in the next week or two. It would be fun to sit and swap war stories over dinner or drinks. I called and left a message for them.

We had an early dinner and have the rest of the evening to do whatever. It feels like a luxury.






When I was a child, I used to fantasize about living on my own island. It may have had something to do with being an introvert living in a chaotic household with five siblings less than eight years younger than me, I don't know. Anyway, today I was utterly fascinated by all the single-dwelling islands we passed and went nuts photographing them.


Well, off to clean the bathrooms...lest you think we're getting away from it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.