Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

2/12/09 - Preparing to cross

This morning we watched as, one by one, all the other boats anchored nearby made their departures, including Leo and Betty on Dues Paid. The thought that crosses my mind is that they're all going to the Bahamas (which of course they aren't) and everyone but us knows that today is THE only day to cross the Gulf Stream.

The satisfaction of getting a lot of boat stuff done today helped put us at peace with our decision to wait until tomorrow, though. Wayne cleaned sea weed out of some strainers, etc., readied our fishing gear for catching The Big One on our way to the Bahamas, and is now installing some fans. I successfully made yogurt on my first attempt without a yogurt maker (Wayne likes it better than store-bought), made a few phone calls, did a little cleaning, reorganized some things, etc. I best deal with stress by over-preparing (guess it gives me the illusion of control) and I have to admit feeling a fair amount of trepidation over our crossing and passage to the Exumas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.