Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Monday, August 27, 2007

"We get to do this!"


Aug. 27 - We spent the night moored near the marina in Tadoussac and are sitting in the cockpit sipping our morning coffee, preparing to start our day. We watch the rising sun glisten on the water and hear whales blowing in the harbor. A lone seal swims by occasionally and glances at us warily without changing course.

"We get to do this!" as Claus would say.

The four of us have marveled about how blessed we are to be realizing our dream (I didn't even know it was my dream), but it didn't happen by accident. First of all, you need to know what your dream is and stay focused on it. Then you need to figure out what it will take to make it happen. Finally, you need to commit yourself, sacrifice as necessary, and do what it takes. Just do it. Last but not least, never underestimate the power of prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am on your site for the first time and enjoying the blogs so much. Hope you will do a book someday.
    I really liked the whale pics and did not know you could find them so close to the Great Lakes. I saw some while in Kaui and Maui.
    My other thought is about the "dream thing". I am speaking about "God Dreams" Oct 9th at a ladies group and talking about the dreams in our hearts and your piece you wrote would be cool to share that night. I hope you do not mind. Blessings, Kim Halberg my office email is missions@thecreekchurch.com
    You may remember us from Pikes Bay Marina. My husband and I came over to introdue ourselves after discovering you were headed for Punta Gorda where we have recently bought a condo.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.