Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Thunderstorms, bridge collapse, and other tidbits

Here we sit, still docked at John and Diane's, waiting out a thunderstorm. Looks like we will be traveling in rain quite a bit the next couple days.


On the bridge collapse: Saturday I received an email from a friend who informed me that the school bus you've probably all seen on the news, was carrying kids on an outing with a summer program run by Pillsbury United Communities. Tony Wagner, the President and CEO of PUC, is a friend from church. He, along with two of his staff people who were on the bus, were guests on Larry King Live the other night. Pillsbury United Communities-Waite House is providing counseling services for families involved in the accident. A fund has been established to provide assistance for medical bills and other costs associated with the accident. Contributions can be made by calling 1-888-642-3040.

Several people have said to me, "I should get a map so I can see where you are." I try to provide a hyperlink to a Google map for each location. The name of the town or whatever will be highlighted, so you can just click on it to bring up a Google map. From there you can zoom in or out for a better perspective.

I'd really like to upload more photos but need a large block of time online to do so. By the way, if you want to see any of the posted photos close up, just click on them and you should see an enlarged version.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Sailors!

    Just read your blog. Great! You'll be so pleased years later to have such a detailed diary of this big event. And how great for people to be able to share this with you. Kim is in England, and I've told her to look at it. You're International!

    Greg says you might be in Rochester this Friday. My email: wbreidenstein@paychex.com

    cell phone: 585-662-9596

    I hope to hear from you.

    Walter

    ReplyDelete

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.