Welcome to the cruising blog of Wayne and Michele Sharp!

If you want to learn a little bit about cruising, satisfy your curiosity, live vicariously, or be entertained, I think you've come to the right place.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments in the comment section of each post; I will respond to all of them. You can also email us at reluctantsailor@me.com.

We've written a book based on the blog from our first journey in 2007 - Adventures of a Once Reluctant Sailor: A Journey of Guts, Growth, and Grace. It is available online from my website at reluctantsailor.net, and from Apostle Islands Booksellers, Copperfish Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Your local bookstore can also order it for you. We've included over 170 color and black and white photos.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Leaving Quebec


Just a quick note here before we head over for fuel and a pump out.

We're leaving with Claus and Rachael and will travel 60 miles today to anchor off Île Aux Coudres. 

Tomorrow we will travel to Tadoussac and from there, up the Saguenay River, a fjord. The mouth of the Saguenay is one of the best places in the world for whale-watching, with as many as fifteen species of whales. I expect this to be the highlight of our trip.

We don't know when we will have internet access or if our cell phones will work, but we do have our satellite phone and will check in with family.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Michelle, from Debbie (Pearson) Fisher! I was at the reunion and stood next to your sister Ricki in the alumni choir. She gave me your blog address and I have been reading and enjoying it ever since. SOOOOOO disappointed not to see you at the reunion! We had so much fun reminiscing about the good ol' days in theatre! TTYL!
    --Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! How fun to hear from you. Ricki told me all about the reunion and seeing you there; I sure hated to miss it. I'll always remember you in "Little Mary Sunshine," "The Elephant Calf," and the others.

    Thanks for checking in on my blog!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

We welcome and respond to comments and questions.